SodaStream – #FightPlastic
New brief for 2018 – SodaStream has defined a clear environmental purpose and advantage over competitors – by transforming tap water into sparkling, it removes the need for single-use plastic bottles. Each machine helps a household save 1,282 plastic bottles from ever reaching a landfill. Forget recycling, this is all about precycling.
How do we educate media and consumers, making them aware that SodaStream is committed to making the planet a better, less plastic place?
To create a movement around this issue, we developed an always-on programme of initiatives, which communicated SodaStream’s precycling message in an authentic way.
– Aligning with credible partners (Surfers Against Sewage, Refill and A Waste Free World)
– Engaging an ambassador with clout in the eco space (Kate Arnell),
– Lobbying the government to do more through news stories and targeted social content
– Conducted on-going media and influencer outreach with data and stories, inspiring them to remove plastic from their day to day lives
– Created a raft of #FightPlastic content across the brand’s social channels to get the message out there
Ongoing outreach has resulted in over 90 pieces of plastic-focused coverage in 2018, with SodaStream being the only eco brand mentioned in one third of these. 100+ machines seeded to key environmental influencers, who are driving advocacy for the brand. Most importantly, we’re seeing a shift in consumer behavior.
Our activity has driven triple-digit sales growth, and prevented over 12m single-use bottles from going into landfill so far in 2018.
Now that is real impact.
We are thrilled to announce that Gearbox Publishing, the U.S. American video game development company, has appointed Alfred to spearhead its We Happy Few global PR campaign. After being founded… Read More