SodaStream – #FightPlastic
New brief for 2018 – SodaStream has defined a clear environmental purpose and advantage over competitors – by transforming tap water into sparkling, it removes the need for single-use plastic bottles. Each machine helps a household save 1,282 plastic bottles from ever reaching a landfill. Forget recycling, this is all about precycling.
How do we educate media and consumers, making them aware that SodaStream is committed to making the planet a better, less plastic place?
To create a movement around this issue, we developed an always-on programme of initiatives, which communicated SodaStream’s precycling message in an authentic way.
– Aligning with credible partners (Surfers Against Sewage, Refill and A Waste Free World)
– Engaging an ambassador with clout in the eco space (Kate Arnell),
– Lobbying the government to do more through news stories and targeted social content
– Conducted on-going media and influencer outreach with data and stories, inspiring them to remove plastic from their day to day lives
– Created a raft of #FightPlastic content across the brand’s social channels to get the message out there
Ongoing outreach has resulted in over 90 pieces of plastic-focused coverage in 2018, with SodaStream being the only eco brand mentioned in one third of these. 100+ machines seeded to key environmental influencers, who are driving advocacy for the brand. Most importantly, we’re seeing a shift in consumer behavior.
Our activity has driven triple-digit sales growth, and prevented over 12m single-use bottles from going into landfill so far in 2018.
Now that is real impact.
As we entered the second quarter of 2023, we celebrated a significant milestone – Alfred’s 10th birthday. It reminded us of our continued commitment to inspire brands to be… Read More